I live in a town of 60,000 people which is not small by any means, but when you are from a huge city and the next largest town is 4 hours away, it can feel like you are trapped in the middle of nowhere. Here are 20 common problems that I face in my semi-small town…
1. When you search for a local group, chapter, class, etc there are never any in your town. You have to drive at least a few hours away if you want to attend.
2. If you want to wear the current trend, you have to shop online. Otherwise it is camo or Carhartt.
3. When you visit a large city you come back home weighing 5 extra pounds from eating at all the awesome restaurants that you don’t have in your town.
4. Traveling via plane is either really expensive, out of the question, or a huge hassle to drive to the nearest city.
5. You can never go out in public without seeing someone you know.
6. Need to see a specialist? That is out of the question.
7. “Coming to a theater near you”… LIES.